Arabic Welfare is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other relevant state laws for the management of personal information. “Personal information” generally means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information if you:
- Deal with us directly over the phone or via our support services
- Participate in surveys
- Register for face-to-face or digital events
- Interact with us online, including through our website, email, or other mobile applications
- Apply for a position with us (either as an employee or volunteer).
This collection of information may be required to allow you to:
- Receive information from us and participate in our programs and services
- Register to attend forums or workshops
- Register as a volunteer
- Use our online applications
- Work with us.
What personal information we collect
We collect the personal information you provide to us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, organisation, service or educational institution details, email address, and other relevant information.
Use of information
Arabic Welfare will use personal information it collects from you for the primary purpose of collection, and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection and reasonably expected by you, or to which you have consented.
Security of information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. Please note that no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.